Owned Media Marketing Manager
We are Carbar, a digitally-led, customer-focused automotive start-up, backed by IAG and pioneering a new, no-fuss way to drive.
Our market-leading car subscription service provides members with exclusive access to a range of fully-serviced quality new and used cars. Customers have complete peace of mind knowing their car is fully insured, always under warranty, maintained, and serviced for the duration of their subscription.
Customers can even swap cars or stop their subscriptions with just two weeks’ notice. There’s never been easier to drive what you want, when you want.
Working directly with the CMO, we’re seeking an ambitious and highly creative marketer with a passion for using data and technology to craft and implement experiences that deepen our customer’s relationship with the brand.
With experience in CRM and cross-channel communications, you will work closely with product and technology teams and take ownership of projects that optimise owned media assets across the customer journey. You will be a strategic thinker but also need to be comfortable working hands-on.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Carbar’s customers, their needs and desires
- Use customer insight, tech platforms and creative to build best-in-class industry standards for CRM strategy and execution
- Own end-to-end communications with customers across all owned media assets
- Develop a retail marketing strategy to improve conversion, engagement, tenure and revenue.
- Use segmentation and data signals to build scalable marketing automation to grows engagement and LTV
- Work cross-functionality on go-to-market strategies, ensuring all new products and partnerships are successfully launched and engagement targets are delivered on time.
- Conceptualise and deliver content strategies that continue to build a presence in search engines
- Closely track and monitor performance, test and make changes plans scale growth
- Lead and manage technical and creative agencies as well as freelancers and contractors
- Continuously evaluate and work with the best technology solutions
- Implement cost-effective solutions to manage product and sales content at scale
- Partner with Customer Service and Care teams to ensure consistent messaging to customers
Key Skills and Experience
- +5 years experience with Marketing Technology, working in a fast-paced marketing or content team across web, social and CRM/eDM.
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing software such as Salesforce, Klaviyo, Hubspot
- Outstanding story-teller with demonstrable expertise using words, images and video across a variety of platforms
- A creative eye with skills and experience in design platforms such as In-Design, Photoshop to manage day-to-day creative production for social channels and EDM. Ability to work with creative agencies on larger creative needs
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm ideas as part of a team, while also having the capacity to drive content ideas and implement independently
- Excellent project management skills and a cool head capable of managing and prioritising multiple tasks and multiple demands from key stakeholders
- Ability to review and use data and insights to challenge what is done today and make new recommendations for tomorrow
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience and working knowledge of retail eCommerce and SEO essential
- Experience and expertise in customer journey mapping, storyboarding and ideation essential
- Understanding and experience with digital media desirable
To be in the running, you’ll need
- Be passionate, driven and have a laugh along the way
- Be obsessed with the customer and driving best practice engagement strategies
- A thirst to learn and continually beat your best
- A love for good data and technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- To be part of a fast-growing amazing company