About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Accountant to join Carbar Holdings. Together, Carbar is a company experiencing extraordinary growth. The successful candidate will be an integral member of Carbar in providing accurate, timely, and relevant information within financial and management accounting.
This role will be working closely with our Financial Controller and CEO Carbar Wholesale to ensure smooth and efficient operations across the business from vehicle sales, technology, and growth projects.
To be considered for this role candidates should be results-focused with a strong work ethic, have high attention to detail, and be able to work independently, but also collaboratively with the team and wider business.
YOU will be responsible for:
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage intercompany transactions between Carbar Holdings and ensure monthly reconciliation
- Prepare and post general ledger and month-end journals and accruals and ensuring the organisation is accurately reporting financial performance.
- Assist with set up and controls, work to ensure the integrity of the ledgers
- Assist with tax compliance (e.g.BAS returns) in timely manner (monthly/quarterly/annually).
- Monthly reporting to Carbar Holdings
- Overseeing account payable and accounts receivable functions
- Adhering to tight reporting timelines e.g. month-end, half-year, and year-end
- Ad Hoc reporting and project tasks as and when arise
To be successful YOU will have:
- At least 2+ years of experience in an accounting field
- Strong interest in finance and accounting fields with a qualification relevant to this
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive attitude, can-do attitude, and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- You are ambitious and have a growth mindset and are always looking for ways to improve yourself both professionally and personally
- You have a willingness to take on new challenges and tasks
- You have a proactive approach to teamwork, with an ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- You can keep a cool head in stressful situations
- When confronted with problems, you ask “Why?” and “How can I help?” and focus on finding a solution quickly
- You believe that trust and respect is a two-way relationship that is earned rather than expected
- You have the capacity to learn and adapt to workplace changes with strong attention to detail
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
We invest in our people and take a strong focus on growing everyone’s responsibilities to match their career goals.
- Attractive salary, and room for growth
- A culture that supports high performers with progression and training
- A team that loves to beat their personal best
- Our senior leadership team has more than 120+ years of combined experience in the automotive, technology, strategy, innovation and products, so you will be in good company to scale up an amazing business
- Generous car subscription benefits
- Comprehensive employee benefits for your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
If you are passionate about the role and thrive in a culture where you can learn and contribute to the growth of the business, we want to hear from you!